The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Meeting Ashlyn

2 posters

Go down

Meeting Ashlyn Empty Meeting Ashlyn

Post by Tyler 1st June 2014, 11:49 am

Johnathon straightened up the papers he carried about a certain camper who'd be coming to meet with him for the first time and grinned. Hearing footsteps, he glanced up and speak of the devil.

"Well hello there Ashlyn. I'm Johnathon. I'll be your counselor while you are here," he said warmly as he held out a hand to shake.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Meeting Ashlyn Empty Re: Meeting Ashlyn

Post by Anne Redwood 1st June 2014, 5:50 pm

Ashlyn fidgeted nervously with her long turquoise skirt as she approached the man carrying a file. As her feet met gravel, the man looked up and said, "Well hello there Ashlyn. I'm Johnathon. I'll be your counselor while you are here."

Taking a deep breath, she offered him a smile that was both shy and excited. "Hi," she replied, taking the outstretched hand. Not to hard, but not to soft. she told herself as she shook it. "It's great meeting you."
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 1st June 2014, 8:53 pm

She was very well mannered. Johnathon smiled warmly at her before gesturing to the chair before his desk. "Alright then," he said as he took a seat behind the desk. "Let's start with a fun question, shall we? Who is your favorite superhero?"
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 1st June 2014, 9:18 pm

As Ashlyn slid into the chair he'd gestured too, Counselor  Johnathon said,  "Alright then, let's start with a fun question, shall we? Who is your favorite superhero?"

Eyes lighting up, she had to stop herself from answering immediately. There were so many options. "I sort of have two," she finally said. "Spiderman and Robin. I love how they joke around while fighting the villains. All the other heroes are either really serious or dark." She hesitated for a moment, uncertain if her answer was acceptable. Then, curious, she asked, "Who's yours?"
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 2nd June 2014, 1:49 pm

John smiled once more at her answer. She refrained herself there, he noted as he wrote her answers down on his spiral for safekeeping. "Mine? Batman of course," he grinned as he replied. "Completely human, but can still be one of the best."

Glancing down at his list of questions, he nodded. "Alright then, what do you like to do most at a camp such as Camp Creation for the arts?"
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 2nd June 2014, 5:21 pm

"Explore characters and who they are," Ashlyn replied almost immediately. This was why she was here. This was what she needed. "You aren't trapped in a role and you can experiment without being...judged." She shrugged. "At least not a lot anyway."
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 3rd June 2014, 10:01 am

"Interesting," he nodded at her with a smile. "You've got a good point about that. Ever thought about being an actress?" He glanced back at his standard set of questions he was asking and leaned back in his chair.

"Alright, maybe one or two left to ask. Tell me about someone in your family. Anyone at all," he requested.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 3rd June 2014, 1:48 pm

A faint blush covered the girl's cheeks when he told her she had a good point. It faded quickly however as he mentioned being an actress. "I've been told I'm not good enough to act," she said, voice cracking a little.

When he glanced at his paper, she struggled to compose herself. "Alright, maybe one or two left to ask. Tell me about someone in your family. Anyone at all."

The words were like ice in her veins. She'd been hoping to avoid this question. Dropping her gaze, Ashlyn considered her family. "I have an older brother," she managed. "Seth. He's a junior in high school and at the top of his class." Pride and love slipped into her voice as she continued. "Even though he has a lot of friends, he still likes to hang out with me. He helps me with my homework or takes me shopping and even stands..."here she trailed away, horror flickering for just a heartbeat in her hazel eyes. She'd almost said too much.
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 7th June 2014, 12:24 am

Hmm. That was different. She certainly responded to that question unexpectedly. John frowned lightly and made a note beside his usual commentary on the answers before he looked at her when she trailed off to give a vibe he wasn't liking. He must be missing something about her.

"Ashlyn, kiddo, is everything alright?" He asked in some concern. He knew he needed to ask, in case someone was wrong.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 7th June 2014, 12:20 pm

The girl hesitated, mentally berating herself for saying too much. She peeked at Counselor Johnathon through her bangs. Seeing the concern in his eyes, she blinked back tears. "My p-parents," she whispered, hating how her voice cracked. "They think I'm a f-failure. They think I w-w-waste my time on writing and anyth-thing else creati-ve. They hate h-how I dr-dress, how I-I act, how I talk..." She buried her face in her hands. She had never meant for this to come out. "S-Seth stands up for m-m-me. He says I sh-should do what I l-like. He's the one who-who found this camp. My parents think I'm w-with him. If th-they f-find out..."

Her voice gave way as her thin form was racked with sobs.
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 8th June 2014, 12:50 pm

There was definitely something concerning there, he knew. Nevertheless, it wouldn't do to cause some sort of panic attack because he pressed her too much, too soon. She was stammering, John noticed with a small hum of apprehension. "I'm sure they don't hate those parts about you, nor would they think you're a failure," he said hastily.

Oh crud. She was crying now. He sweatdropped and put a hand on her head gently, kneeling beside her. "How about we stop the interview for now, let you get your breath back, okay? Let's get you to your dorm room and we can pick this up at another day," he suggested.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 8th June 2014, 1:18 pm

Ashlyn sniffed and nodded underneath Counselor Johnathon's hand. "Thanks." Running a hand across her eyes, she gave him a watery smile. "Sorry. I'll be okay."
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 8th June 2014, 1:31 pm

"We'll I'm glad you'll be okay," he chuckled. "I would hope you would be. No one has to know you're at camp with us, so I wouldn't worry too much about that." He nodded and proceeded to lead her out of the room and back to her dorms to get settled in.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down