The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Meeting Felix

3 posters

Go down

Meeting Felix Empty Meeting Felix

Post by Pure Song 1st June 2014, 12:36 pm

Rhea leaned back in her chair, humming as she waited for the door to open. It was the first day of camp, and she was excited! Time to check in all of her new team! The woman checked over her files, making sure she had everything up to date before she saw Esencio open the door, her quiet brother nodding to the child he was guiding in.

"Welcome, welcome! Come on in, we're so glad to have you here at Camp Creation! I'm your counselor, Rhea Endwood, and that's my brother, Esencio, he's a cook here. I'm so pleased to meet you," And she extended her hand for a handshake, smiling warmly.
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Meeting Felix Empty Re: Meeting Felix

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 1st June 2014, 11:59 pm

((I'm going to assume that RP's are supposed to be third person?))

Felix awkwardly looked about the camp cabin, instantly regretting his decision to sign up for Camp Creation. He timidly took the hand of Rhea and gave a weak handshake as he observed the room.

"Hi," Felix said, his eyes darting about the room, taking note of what was kept clean and what wasn't. "My name is Felix," he said after a long pause, "nice to meat you,"
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 2nd June 2014, 12:06 am

((Yup! Most RP will be 3rd person with me unless specified otherwise Very Happy))

Rhea softened immediately, noting the timid disposition of the child before her. "Hi, Felix. Sorry if I overwhelmed you there, I'm just very excited. I've been getting set up for this day for a while." She smiled a little as Esencio shifted behind her, the quiet man straightening up the already clean office room.

"This is the Counselor's cabin, we're just here so I can chat with you and hopefully get to know you while we do the last bits of getting you all signed in. Here, why don't you sit down? If you need anything, just ask." She sat in a comfy chair, giving the child full reign of the couch. "Was your trip all right? Smooth, I hope?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 2nd June 2014, 1:09 am

Felix was comforted slightly by the counselor's shift in demeanor, but his nerves were still on edge. He took a seat in the plush couch and tried to make himself calm down. The prospect of talking about himself unnerved Felix as he was still not comfortable talking about his past.

"The trip was alright I guess," said Felix, having little inflection in his voice, "a glass of water would be nice,"
Felix's mouth was dry, as was usual in any kind of social situation. Felix rested his hand by his side, making a conscious attempt to keep his arm as nonchalantly concealed as possible.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 2nd June 2014, 1:29 am

Esencio quietly went to the little minifridge and came out with two bottles of water, offering one to Felix. "If you want a glass, or ice, I can get you that too," he offered quietly.

Rhea smiled to him, then to Felix. "I'm glad it was okay. Personally I think the nature around here's gorgeous, it's very relaxing. Ah, I'm sorry I couldn't meet you at the car, by the way, I know some of the workers were greeting you. I hope your family wasn't too upset I couldn't be out there?" Her fingers folded as she smiled to the 12-year-old.
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 2nd June 2014, 11:09 am

Felix gratefully took the bottle of water and expressed his gratitude. He cracked the bottle open and took a couple of sips before responding to Rhea.

"The nature was alright I guess, I didn't really pay much attention to it," Felix answered Rhea. He contemplated whether or not to tell Rhea that he hadn't ridden with his parents, but he had hitchhiked.
"Family... I didn't exactly ride with my parents," said Felix cautiously. He didn't want to sound too suspicious about the nature of his arrival, but he knew that the counselor would be able to notice if he lied.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 2nd June 2014, 12:56 pm

Rhea sipped on her own water as she waited, drinking quietly.

"Eh, some people don't enjoy nature, so I understand. I just am a bit of a nature bug." She laughed warmly, brushing back her hair. "You didn't arrive with your parents? How did you get here then, if you don't mind me asking?" She eyed the child before her, not critically but in a confused, worried manner. They were a bit out of the way, surely the child didn't walk....
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 2nd June 2014, 3:22 pm

Felix looked down, trying to keep his nervousness from surfacing.
"I hitchhiked, but about halfway here I managed to get a ride," Felix said, the shame he was feeling welling up in his voice. He took a few more sips of his water and set it down. He looked back up at Rhea, keeping his emotions from his face.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 2nd June 2014, 4:13 pm

Rhea's face flicked through a couple different emotions, settling down into concern and worry. "All right, Felix, it's okay sweetie. Don't be afraid. I'm glad you made it here safely."

She was concerned about quite a few things, but her major concern was the child. She leaned down to make sure they were on eye level. "Are you all right? Hungry at all?" She had to check again, be sure. Esencio was rifling through their cupboards quietly behind them. "Is there anything I can do for you, or do you want to go on with getting to know each other?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 2nd June 2014, 5:18 pm

Felix was unsettled by how fast the counselor's demeanor could change. and he wasn't sure whether or not her concern was sincere or not. Felix had never been good at reading others and had been hurt enough by others that he knew when to close doors.

"I'm not really hungry. It'd be best to move on, I'm not really comfortable talking about it," Felix said, trailing off.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 2nd June 2014, 7:35 pm

Rhea blinked a little at his obvious discomfort - she hadn't switched demeanors this time, she was just concerned and knew speaking quieter was better in some cases. But she nodded softly in response, straightening.

"Can-do, Felix. No problem." She nodded with a gentle smile. "Now, what are you hoping to get out of Camp Creation? Do you have a certain interest, did someone recommend it...?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 2nd June 2014, 10:43 pm

Felix let himself lighten up at the change of topic, and actually managed to crack a bit of a smile.

"I figured camp would be good for me, time away from the city... and my parents. I really like music, listening to it, playing it, anything to do with music and I'm there. I also like to write sometimes. I found the camp from a flyer in a local shop," Felix explained as he absentmindedly picked at a loose strand of fabric on his jeans.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 3rd June 2014, 10:57 am

She liked that smile, smiled back warmly. "Music, huh? That's a great skill, I know we do music work, especially with the plays - we need people to play or work the soundboards, mhm?" She chuckled warm, brushing her hair out of her face. "We work with writing too, it'll be fun for sure. I always love seeing what people come up with, it really reflects how different people are."

"Are there any subjects you'd rather avoid? I know I'm not much of an artist, though I enjoy art - anything like that for you?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 3rd June 2014, 10:24 pm

Felix allowed his slight grin to linger as he gathered his thoughts for a moment. The counselor had seemed genuinely concerned and happy for him. He thought that she might not be that bad.

"I think I would prefer the sound boards, I don't really do well on stage," Felix elaborated as he thought about musical participation, and cringed at the reference of plays.
"I only really dabble with writing, but I think it'd be good to see what more I can do, same thing with drawing," Felix said as he dwelt more on what creative aspects he could pursue, "You mentioned plays? Keep me off of the stage if that's possible," he advised as he felt a chill go down his spine at the thought of acting.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 6th June 2014, 4:24 pm

"Of course! Some are meant for the stage, but the stage -crew- is just as important. Perhaps you could run sound or lights for a play if we do have one - we always need a good tech crew." She smiled warm, thoughtful. "All of the activities are for fun, so you're not going to get graded on anything. Anything you want to try, this is the place to try it." Rhea nodded, bright and gentle. She was genuinely excited for this camp and wanted to think of ways he could enjoy himself!~

"Well, Felix, that's most of what I needed. Are there any concerns you have, questions that I can answer for you right now?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 9th June 2014, 11:00 pm

Felix lingered a few moments on what the counselor had said.

"I don't think I have any questions," said Felix as he scoured his brain for anything he might have forgotten to ask, "Oh yes, what kind of rules are in place here and how are they enforced?" he asked, trying to keep in the clear of any sort of trouble.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 10th June 2014, 1:06 pm

"The main rules are pretty easy. One. Don't wander off on your own - always have a buddy or ask a counselor." She counted them off on her fingers. "Two. We have a curfew, so stay in your cabin after night call. Three. No fighting. Arguments happen, but don't go having a fistfight. Four. No weapons anywhere around here. That includes penknives, pocketknives, et cetera. Five. Never be afraid to approach a counselor about anything, and let us know if you see someone who's not a staff member or camper on the grounds. Those're the main five." She smiled warm. "We'll do a more formal review of the rules at the orientation later, but does that help some?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 10th June 2014, 1:39 pm

"Oh, well I guess I had better turn these in," Felix said as he removed a switchblade and a pen knife from his pocket, placing them on the counselor's desk.
"Can I have them back before I head home though? I'm sort of attached to them," he said sheepishly as he awaited for the counselor's reprimand.
Felix pondered the other rules for a moment and decided he would try not to cause any trouble.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 10th June 2014, 1:39 pm

The member 'Hinrey Snakespear' has done the following action : Lottery

'MegaMillions' :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 10th June 2014, 1:40 pm

Tyler wrote:The member 'Hinrey Snakespear' has done the following action : Lottery

'MegaMillions' :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What? How did that happen, and what is it?
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 10th June 2014, 1:49 pm

You hit the lottery button in your reply. It automatically takes my name and rolls a dice for you. Haha disregard that.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 10th June 2014, 1:53 pm

Rhea blinked but collected the two knives with a smile. "Yes, when the camp's over, you'll get them back. Don't worry, I'll keep them safe." She got out a bag, labeling it "FELIX" with a Sharpie and put the two knives in them. "I have a safe place I'll keep them, okay?" She smiled warmly.

"Anything else I can help you with?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 10th June 2014, 6:10 pm

"OK, thank you," Felix said as he checked his pockets to make sure he was weapon-free.
"I think that's it, am I staying in a cabin or something like that?" he asked.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pure Song 10th June 2014, 6:18 pm

"You are, and here's your key! Go ahead and get settled in." She presented him with a key on a lanyard. "If you need anything, just let us know, okay?"
Pure Song
Pure Song
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinrey Snakespear 11th June 2014, 12:07 am

"Alright, thanks," said Felix as he accepted the lanyard and headed for the door of the counselor's cabin.
Hinrey Snakespear
Hinrey Snakespear
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down