The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Meet Alfher

Go down

Meet Alfher Empty Meet Alfher

Post by Guest 26th June 2012, 8:05 pm

Hey

I'm Alfher Hreodbeorting, very recently dubbed Alfie – so call me Alfie Very Happy

I've read all my life. Well, apart from that shameful little bit at the start when I couldn't even read my own name! Wink I've written stories ever since I first became able to as well. In my childhood, I would write to entertain my brothers and while I can remember absolutely nothing else about my first story, I remember it was called "The Leaves that Crunched Underfoot".

When it comes to poetry, I've found my tendency is to lean towards structured poetry with scansion determined by meter and prosody. I seem to have an overriding addiction to pentametric sonnets (nearly always Shakespearean in format).

As for role-playing, I find that it is most interesting to combine the development of character with the unpredictability of co-authorship; in most story writing, the author is the master of his world and can ordain almost anything and see it happen, but in role-playing, being but one author among many really puts the cat among the pidgeons.

And graphic artistry? The less said about that the better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Meet Alfher Empty Re: Meet Alfher

Post by Tyler 26th June 2012, 8:50 pm

Very interesting point of view there. Glad to have you on the site and hopefully you end up liking the Muse. So is there any specific sort of roleplay you prefer? I'm mainly only ever on HP ones.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th June 2012, 8:54 am

Thank you :-) It's good to be here; I'm glad Katie directed me here.

You know, I really thought there was until Katie mentioned her pirating RP. Normally, pirates and anything even remotely related to pirates bore the pants of me, but actually it's turning out to be pretty interesting.

I think some things related to writing in general apply to writing in a role play context, such as scenarios that aren't possible "in real life". To be interesting, role playing and writing generally have to be diversions from the norm. Otherwise, just go and do it XD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down