The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

What is RPG?

3 posters

Go down

What is RPG? Empty What is RPG?

Post by Tyler 24th March 2015, 12:02 am

Roleplay. What exactly is it?
the acting out or performance of a particular role, either consciously (as a technique in psychotherapy or training) or unconsciously, in accordance with the perceived expectations of society with regard to a person's behavior in a particular context. (Google, 2015).

Now take that very definition and transform roleplay into word format, in the style of a game between others. We are essentially becoming characters of our own personal plays and acting scenes out that may or may not be reality or similar to our experiences, maybe even vastly different. There's several different types of roleplay games out there, whether actual first person games or through writing on forums with others such as this one.

To be added.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

What is RPG? Empty Re: What is RPG?

Post by ThomasLight 26th March 2015, 11:53 pm

That's how things are. Especially in video games today.
ThomasLight
ThomasLight
Intern
Intern

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 30th March 2015, 9:46 pm

Would you say there are any major differences between video game rpg and writing rpg? What do you like most about video game rpg? Sorry, I'm curious.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX 1st April 2015, 5:26 pm

Video game rpg is more visual and the storyline is mostly pre-made. Writing rpg depends on the roleplayers and the world they build around them. The latter is more difficult to play because there's so many things you can create and if you have a lot of people involved, it can turn into a mess.

In my personal opinion, the best way to have written rpgs is to have only a select amount of available spots and if possible, try to find the best time the whole gang can get together and rp.

The first experience I had with written rpg was on fanfiction. It was going along pretty well until people had too many special abilities/powers with their characters or we didn't know how to send characters on missions like in the show, mostly because the mod wasn't online very much to approve the storyline. All in all, it was a pretty cool experience interacting with everyone IC and OOC.
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum