by Niemand 18th September 2018, 4:52 pm

» The Story That Never Starts
by Niemand 18th September 2018, 4:19 pm

» Turn the Page
by Holly 16th September 2018, 3:36 pm

Top posting users this month
Niemand

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Dog Days of Winter

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Dog Days of Winter

Post by Niemand on 23rd September 2018, 4:03 pm

Seeing the look the goddess gave him, he huffed. Ares just knew that the goddess believed this whole thing was his fault. Artemis was the childish one that couldn't take a joke! Maybe if she allowed herself to be around people who weren't locked in perpetual hormonal youth, she'd have a better sense of humor. When he was proven correct at Persephone's comments about how he'd incurred his sister's wrath, he glared at the two. Nice to know they were having fun at his expense.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Eros asked while Persephone shrugged. Ares stared at them not believing his ears. If he could have his expression would have shown exactly his displeasure and disbelief at how brilliant the two of them were. He was a dog, they knew Artemis turned him into one, and they were in an archer's rooms. Did he really have to spell it all out? Growling, he lunged causing Eros to back up hastily, his wings fluttering but then calling out in dismay when he saw Ares' target. His idiot son tried to reach it before he could, but Ares got his teeth on his crossbow and took off with it.

"Hey! Give it back!"

Ares continue to growl and make sure he did as much damage to the bow as he could before his son was able to wrestle it out of his mouth. If a dog could smirk, he would have at the pout on the other's face. Looking over to Persephone who was his only hope in this mess without him actually having to grovel to his sister. If they couldn't figure it out, he'd have to see if he could use a stick or something and literally spell it out for them. Hopefully if that happened, the writing would at least be legible to get the gist of what needed doing across.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 23rd September 2018, 5:30 pm

Well, she'd been right about his mood at least. The war god snarled, looking from her face to Eros and then to something behind the winged god. Whatever it was, Eros was concerned enough to call out when Ares darted in and seized the thing in his teeth.

"Hey! Give it back!" The younger god grabbed frantically for the crossbow clamped in Ares' jaws, only to miss when his father retreated. The sound of wood cracking under the force of Ares' bite was alarming, and Persephone could only watch wide-eyed as several pieces from the stock splintered.

"Was that necessary?" The god of love protested, advancing to collect the pieces of his weapon. "You -"

"That's enough," Inserting herself between father and son, Persephone held her hands up to forestall any argument from either. Turning to the elder god, she gave him a look that she hoped he'd understand as her asking for patience. She knew his pride was injured and that had shortened his temper considerably, but fighting amongst themselves wasn't going to bring him back to human form any faster.

"We need the bow and arrow that shot you so that Eros can turn you back?" She looked to Ares, who answered her question with a confirming huff that spoke volumes about his mounting frustration.
She suspected that he'd forgotten that neither she nor his son was a mind-reader and that he'd been unable to verbalize what he needed from them. She wanted to help, though his foul mood only fed the knot of dread in the pit of her stomach.

She wasn't going to see him again after this, she knew. Between his perception of her incompetence and her poor treatment of him earlier, she doubted he'd want to have anything to do with her. Again .

"I can get the bow and arrow," she turned to Eros, who stood with his arms folded and a look of annoyance on his face. "I suspect you won't have any qualms about using them?"

"None," the winged god confirmed, his gaze flicking briefly across to Ares.

She inclined her head and let her hands drop. "Wait here."

With those words, she left the two gods to their family squabbles. In the hall, she shut the door firmly behind her and called for the god of thieves. He appeared in a burst of vibrant blue light, a bright grin on his freckled features.

"Persephone," he greeted her. "To what do I owe the pleasure? I thought for sure you'd wait for a little longer after you unceremoniously threw me out of your rooms."

"You barged into my rooms and caught me off guard," she reminded him, placing her hands on her hips. "You know how I feel about that."

He acknowledged her point with a slight dip of his head. "So, what can I do for the Queen of the Underworld?"

Exhaling, she met his green gaze. "I need a very particular bow and arrow from a certain huntress. If you bring it to me, I'll forget about that favour you owe me."

Hermes arched a sandy brow as he considered her request. She knew he hated owing her that favour, but he was on better terms with the moon goddess than she was. He prided himself on being friendly with most deities, and she doubted he'd want to damage a relationship.

"I can do some digging, and we can chat about certain recently-discovered deity if you'd like," she offered, sweetening the pot. The blond god's eyes lit up in response, and his grin widened.

"Sit tight, Cous. I'll be back soon," He promised, disappearing in another retina-searing flash.

She suspected she might come to regret the lengths she'd gone to, but there was nothing for it now. The sooner they placated Ares the better things would be for all of them. Maybe he'd even despise her a little less.

She paced the hallway as the minutes passed. She braided and unbraided her hair, straightened her dress, listened for any sounds of trouble from inside Eros' room, and even chewed her cuticles a little until, to her relief, Hermes' blue glow returned a few feet away.

"One huntress' bow and accompanying bow," the god of thieves announced, passing her the two objects. They were beautiful, carved of luminous grey wood accented with silver and soft gray fletchings, and they fairly hummed with power in her hands. Artemis wouldn't be pleased if she discovered them missing, so they would need to hurry.

"Come for tea in a few days," she invited the grinning god, who bowed his head in agreement.

"I look forward to it," he said impishly, disappearing once again.

She had to let out a tired sigh as she stepped through the door and wordlessly offered the weapon to Eros. By the time this was all over, she was going to need at least a day by herself in her quarters. Wine, cheese, chocolate, and her own company would soothe her rapidly frayed nerves and hopefully eradicate some of the aching misery that had gathered under her ribs.

"Let's get this done, shall we?" She folded her arms across her chest and leaned back against the closed door.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 23rd September 2018, 6:31 pm

There was a perverse pleasure hearing the wood crack. While bows were necessary part of warfare, it didn't mean that Ares had to like the weapons. Considering the fact that some of his siblings whom he disliked greatly had said items as their weapons of choice did little to endear them to him. That didn't mean that he didn't know how to handle one or wouldn't use one, it just wasn't his go to weapon.

Hearing Persephone's command, because that was what it was, Ares just glared at his offspring. He saw the look the goddess gave him and he looked away. Patience wasn't his forte she knew that! While yes, he could be patient, it didn't mean he had to like it. He would have crossed his arms if he could have and scowled. Up to this point, he thought he had been rather tolerant! And while he knew that he'd have to explain himself for his conduct in the Underworld, not telling Persephone sooner, etc, he'd still wanted to get his own form back! Being stuck as a puppy was confining.

"We need the bow and arrow that shot you so that Eros can turn you back?" At the question, he huffed agreement. Hadn't that been quite clear? Of course, he'd forgotten that he version of a plan of attack against a titan was to get him to knock himself out by 'chasing the pretty girl.' As for his son...for some reason he was into this mortal phase thing. Ares hoped he'd get over it and it wouldn't linger for centuries or even decades. The thought was horrifying.

Ares snorted at Eros when he'd said he'd have no problems shooting him with the arrow if Persephone got the bow. Oh, he bet he didn't. He was likely pissed off that his beloved bow was damaged. Served him right! As soon as the door was shut behind the goddess, the winged god eyed him, likely trying to figure out who he was. It should have been obvious. Who else besides Apollo annoyed Artemis to no end? Their were few people she would know that she could get away with transforming with little consequence. Aphrodite and Eros might seem like ditzes at times, Ares knew that only part of it was a front. Just as he had with Persephone, he could see when it clicked. The god's passive aggressive smile let him know if nothing else did.

"You're literally in the doghouse!" There was a laugh and Ares' hackles raised. "Wait until mom finds out!"

Growling, Ares attacked the god who tried so shake him off his leg as he quickly said, "Okay, okay!"

Growling and barking at the godling did nothing but cause a frustration on both their parts and some amusement on the younger's. "You know I can't speak dog, dad. That's your area."

Huffing, Ares glared before he settled down cursed at everything and everyone. Eros just half watched as he mourned his destroyed items. If dogs could roll their eyes, he would have when he heard something about shredded pants and style. They were both quiet as they awaited Persephone until the younger dared to broach a subject that Ares wasn't going to touch until he had to. "What happened with you and mom?"

When Ares growled, Eros held his hands up again and dropped the subject. Thankfully, anything else was put on hold when Persephone re-entered with the items they needed. No other words were exchanged until his son had the crossbow and an arrow. Under normal circumstances he wouldn't begrudge his son a chance to look over Artemis' arsenal, but time was precious and they had little of it before he was sure the huntress would be after their skins.

"Let's get this done, shall we?"

A gleam appeared in the god of love's eyes which Ares' didn't like but could relate to. He was sure if the situation were reversed he'd be getting pleasure out of this too. As for Persephone... She was going to hate him again. As much as he pushed the pain aside before,he knew it would be even harder this time. Glancing over at her posture, he internally flinched as sadness spiked. Despite it being unintentional, he'd hurt her yet again. Nor did he want her closing herself off as she was doing. Squashing the whine before it could start, he looked back to his son and gave a nod and pawed at the floor telling him to 'get on with it!'

Eros had weighed the bow in his hands before knocking the arrow and lining it up with Ares. There had been a flicker of shock before a smug grin cross the young god's face and he let the arrow fly. "We definitely need to have a chat, dad."

The arrow hit him before he could reply, and he winced at the impact. Next there was a brief pain of his bones, muscles, and sinews realigning themselves, his organs going back to how they were, and the burn of his powers. Furling and unfurling his fingers, Ares was quite happy to have hands back and to be able to stand on his own two feet. To be able to feel the rush of his powers, and know that he wasn't helpless anymore took most of his attention until he heard snickering coming from his offspring. Turning, the godling held out a sheet. That was when he realized that he was lacking something. Sneering at his son, he materialized his usual clothes on himself. Ignoring the laughing deity, he turned to Persephone instead, he paused unsure what to say to her before sighing and gesturing to the door. "I think we should talk. Somewhere a bit more private."
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 23rd September 2018, 7:00 pm

Stars, she was tired.  Everything just felt heavy - her heart, her eyes, her limbs - and she wondered if emotional angst was enough of a reason for a goddess to sleep.  Part of her doubted it, but she almost wanted to try.  Isn't that what mortals did after something painful happened? Sleep, eat fatty foods, and cry?  Perhaps she'd have to attempt it when she was in her chambers next.  It seemed pleasant, regardless.  Except maybe for the crying, but that was a necessary evil.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Eros weighing the bow in his hands, and she had to look away.  As much as his short temper had stung her, she didn't think she could watch what came next, even if was for his benefit.  There was a soft hiss followed by a meatier sound that made her wrinkle her nose and squeeze her eyes shut.  She kept them closed, straining her ears for any sound that might indicate what had happened, and nearly jumped when Eros began to snicker.  

Opening one eye a hair, she looked and then immediately closed the eye again.  Of course, Ares' clothes wouldn't have transformed with him - an extra helping of humiliation to help the victims of Artemis' ire remember their lesson. It wasn't anything that she hadn't seen before, but it felt unfair to look when he hadn't done it himself.  When she did open her eyes, she kept them averted.  She didn't want to draw his attention - he'd probably start to berate her for being so clueless if she did.

"I think we should talk. Somewhere a bit more private."

Her heart was nearly in her toes at this point, and yet somehow it still managed to lurch as she looked up and found him gesturing to the door.  

And so begins the end, she thought, nodding in agreement as she proceeded him out of the room.  He closed the door behind him, and in the split second pause that followed she forced herself to look up at him.  No sense trying to run from whatever was coming - she might as well face it head-on.

"Where to?" She asked, hoping that the ache under her ribs didn't show on her face as she studied his human features.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 23rd September 2018, 7:25 pm

Had he changed that much in such a short of time? Or was she wondering how she could have missed that he had been her puppy? Ares didn't like the sourness in his gut from his thoughts. When she asked where they should talk, he debated whose chambers would be better. While he wanted to use his, hers might serve a better purpose. She wouldn't be able to flee and if anyone came looking she could truthfully say she'd been in her quarters. 'You just don't want anymore bad memories of her in your room.' That was partially true. If they argued as he suspected they would, he'd spend even less time in his rooms then he did already. Yet, by the same token, he didn't wish to have Persephone wish that she could be anywhere but her rooms when she was on Olympus.

"My room." He stated without emotion. Let him bear the brunt of it. It wasn't likely he'd be spending much time on Olympus regardless. What his father had once threatened him with was the more probably outcome after everything was sorted out with the titans and Aphrodite's child. He would let Persephone rage at him in his rooms, and not trap her once she said her piece she would be free to leave.

Not touching her because he believed she wouldn't want him to, he headed for the passages he'd shown her. He heard her behind him, following even over the beating of his heart. While they walked he took everything he was feeling and boxed it all up. He was born to be the god of war. War was supposed to be impartial. Stepping through into his rooms, he waited until the wall sealed before he turned to face the goddess, crossing his arms. There were no apologies, thanks, or blame that came out of his mouth. Instead he stated, "This makes us even."
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 23rd September 2018, 7:47 pm

The silent walk through the tunnels was almost worse than if he'd been openly angry with her.  The whole time she wished that he'd say something, or that there was something she could say to make him understand.  Coupled with his periodic glances over his shoulder to make sure that she was still running, she was a nervous mess by the time they reached the entrance to his chambers.  The wall sliding shut behind her sounded like a death-knell in her ears as she stared up at him and waited.

"This makes us even."

There wasn't a hint of emotion in him anywhere.  His tone was flat, and dispassion had caused his eyes to glaze over.  For all Persephone knew he could have been looking anywhere but at her.   They'd been here before, but that didn't make it easier.  His disinterest cut even worse because she'd almost been hoping that things could have mended between them after Tartarus.  He'd held her hand all the way down, but she'd misread him as she always did.

"I suppose it does," she said quietly, watching his features for any hint of what he might be thinking or feeling.  It was futile, she knew - he'd perfected his poker face centuries ago - but she could still hope that he might slip and reveal something of what he was feeling.  Maybe then she would know what to say to make him understand her horror that she hadn't realized sooner; that she was sorry he'd had to put up with her idiocy.

She didn't blame him.  He'd come to her for help, and she'd been too lost in her head to see what was right in front of her.  She'd wasted his time with ear scratches and games that must have annoyed him to no end, not to mention the debacle with the food, so she supposed she deserved his ire.  It had taken her an embarrassingly long time to catch on, and even then she'd still managed to ask several stupid questions before she managed to do him any good.  

He must think I'm the worst kind of idiot, she thought, sighing as her gaze dropped down in shame.   If I'd just been a little more aware things would be okay.

"Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked, forcing her gaze back up as she broke the silence that was threatening to stretch on uncomfortably.  "I assume it was something you didn't want your son to hear?"
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 23rd September 2018, 9:49 pm

With all of his being, Ares wanted to let her know that he was sorry. He wasn't good with apologies and had hardly ever attempted to make up for something he'd done. There was remorse for getting her involved with more than just his and Artemis' difference of opinion. The words wouldn't come, dying before they could even form on his tongue. So too did the thanks that he wished to give her, but that would seem as if he was indebted to her. In a way he was. If there was one thing he disliked more than anything was having unfulfilled debts that he owed that could be called in at any time. At least she agreed that they were even so she no longer need fear him calling in a marker.

"Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?" He'd nearly forgotten why he'd asked her to accompany him. Yes, they had things to discuss, which would be best if Eros didn't overhear. His son was sometimes as interfering as his mother when it came to people's emotions. And from the knowing look in his eyes, he knew the secret Ares' was harboring. It was something he didn't want Persephone finding out. He'd already been humiliated once, how much more degradation would he bear if she learned of something like that, that would turn her stomach?

Swallowing as much of his pride as he could, Ares didn't have to look at her so he wouldn't see her contempt. "It's about while I was a dog..."

Shifting his weight, he hated that it was so hard to get the words out! If he'd had his sword belt on, his hand would have likely fallen to it in reflex. Flexing his jaw, he breathed out. "I hadn't meant to mislead you."

Embarrassment aside, he'd enjoyed himself while he'd been with her. If it hadn't been for Hermes showing up, Ares was sure he would have been content to have a few days away from everything and relax while in his inconvenient form. Perhaps it was for the best then that his gossipy brother had showed when he did. Get everything over with quickly so there was less harm done.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 23rd September 2018, 11:25 pm

As the silence stretched on between them, it became apparent to Persephone that he was fighting with himself.  Perhaps it was about how to word his displeasure with shortcomings, or how to tell her that he never wanted to see her again now that she'd witnessed something that had humiliated him so.  The latter was the worst-case scenario, and yet she found it hard to consider less severe possibilities in light of it.  She didn't want things to end badly between them.  No matter how much she wished to cling to him with everything she had, it was clear that if he wanted her gone there was nothing she could do to change his mind.  It had almost happened once before, and there might not be another chance.  

What came out of his mouth was the exact opposite of what she'd prepared for, which in itself wasn't entirely a surprise.  Ares' hidden depths meant that there was always a possibility of him surprising her, though she rarely acknowledged it.  Still, this was beyond anything she'd imagined him ever saying to anyone, let alone her.  

Was he apologizing?

He'd rendered her speechless before, but somehow her brain couldn't quite process that the god of war had admitted that he hadn't meant to do something.  Not only that, but he hadn't intended to mislead her during his unexpected visit to her while in canine form.   When his words finally sunk in after a second of waiting, it took an additional split second for her tongue to become functional again.  Even after she became capable of speech, her answer was still less eloquent than she would have liked.  

"I-" she began, only to discard her train of thought and start anew.  "It wasn't your fault."

A rueful smile touched her lips.  She knew full well that her ignorance was the root of the problem; Ares would have been human much sooner if she'd thought just a little bit harder about the strange puppy she'd found by the gates of the Underworld.  It wasn't fair for him to have to apologize for the mistakes she'd made.

"If I'd had half a brain I would have realized what was happening sooner."  She shook her head, feeling a flush on the back of her neck and ears as shame rose in her.  She hated that she'd made a mistake in his presence.  It was no wonder he avoided her whenever he could - she was clumsy and careless, despite her best attempts to the contrary.  Being a people-pleaser was in her nature.  She'd tried to please her mother, then Hades, and now him.  The only problem was that she couldn't seem to get it right when it came to Ares.  

"Another shining achievement to add to my record.  First I take you into the deepest parts of the underworld because of my own mistake, and then I cause you to spend several hours as a house pet."  Her tone turned sharp with sarcasm as she laughed at the self-deprecating joke.
"I'm on track for a record if I keep this up."
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 24th September 2018, 12:16 am

The quiet from his confession caused his stomach to roil sickly. A frown tugged at his lips as he looked up when she tried to absolve him of guilt. As she continued talking, the more he didn't like what he was hearing. What he'd seen and put together while he was in her presence in his uncle's home came to the forefront of his mind again. The more he heard the more his jaw clenched and his anger simmered. It appeared he did more damage then he'd meant to when he'd left her after trying to convince her of why he bothered with her. Eyes darkened and narrowed when she made it as if she was entirely to blame. He had been the one to go willingly with her. He had initiated the game of tag. He had been the one to play along as if he was a normal dog rather than leaving before she misunderstood or putting more effort into lettering her know that he was trapped. As if he didn't have any self will.

Ares was very upset and angry; not at Persephone but at those that had conditioned her to be this way. He had attempted to apologize and she was flipping everything to paint herself as the one to blame. This wasn't like one who would cry wolf in order to get attention. She wasn't like that. His cheek muscle spasmed and he was sure that if he'd had his sword, he would have gone and done something incredibly stupid. As it was, he still needed to get Artemis' bow from Eros to trade his wretched sister for his sword back.

Unable to take it anymore, Ares growled, and invaded the goddess' space wincing inside just a bit when she flinched. That didn't stop him to snake his arm around her waist to keep her from retreating. Harshly claiming her lips he just wanted her to stop spewing such awful things from her mouth. 'You also have wanted this for awhile.' He told the voice to shut up and focused on Persephone and trying pour out some of his frustration and try to show her in the only way he knew that he didn't blame her. He ignored the voice even though it hurt, when it stated, 'Until she pushes you away.'
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 24th September 2018, 10:16 am

Silence bloomed between them again, this time run through with tension. Ares was warring with himself, evidenced by the spasming muscle in his jaw, and Persephone floundered for words to calm him. She didn’t understand why he was upset - she’d thought he would be pleased that she’d owned her mistakes - but the anger rising in him was palpable, filling the space between them.

He surprised her again. She’d thought he was searching for words again, this time to scold her, but the only sound he made was a low growl as he closed the distance between them with his eyes blazing. She flinched, startled by the sudden sound and movement, as well as the intensity of his expression, but made no move to fight when his arm wound around her waist to hold her close. She’d expected his kisses to be fierce, but it seemed his distemper wasn’t directed at her this time. He was upset, yes, but it seemed he was more upset on her behalf than at her.

Then again, she was basing her perception off of his kisses. He could have been furious with her and she wouldn’t have noticed a thing as she melted against him. She did, however, notice an alarming pattern. Their last two encounters had ended with kisses, but only when one of them was about to make their exit. Did that mean he was going to disappear again? She didn’t think she could stand another game of hide and seek like they’d played in Thrace, nor put herself back together again the way she had after. This was different - he wasn’t angry at her - but she couldn’t take the chance. She wanted him to stay, so she was just going to have to show him somehow.

Reaching up, she twined her arms around the back of his neck and drew herself up on her toes. Between the wall at her back and his arm around her waist there was no pulling away, but that suited her fine. Even the Fates couldn’t have spun a thread fine enough to fit between them as she tipped her chin and poured everything - her loneliness, her embarrassment, her pride, her apology, and her reluctance to let him get away - into the kiss. It scared her to let her walls down, because there was still a chance that something could go wrong and she would end up back in her quarters putting herself back together, but this was worth the risk. Besides, it was easier to do it this way than in words; they misunderstood each other half the time, but body language seemed to ring true.

Don’t you dare go, she thought, twisting her fingers into the leather between his shoulder blades as though she could physically force him not to let go. Don’t you dare, Ares.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 24th September 2018, 12:22 pm

The fact that she didn't push him away, slap him, or try to struggle helped shut that tiny voice up in the back of his head. Her body relaxing into his and then feeling her not only accepting and welcoming, but reciprocating as well. It was more of a balm to him than he knew or acknowledged. It blocked out thought and all the reasons this was a bad idea. Every argument, reasoning, fear, desperation, and survival instinct that had him trying to keep his emotions packed tightly refused to shut. It opened and allowed the storm of feelings and emotions to swirl in the god and in turn to try and alleviate some of them by pouring them to Persephone.

All of his pent up desire that he had continued to curb because he knew it was the proper thing to do. The confusion she made him feel until he realized what that strange emotion was. His fear that she would learn how he felt and the pain. Pain of realization of how much that emotion could hurt. How much he feared it and didn't want to - couldn't - face it.

'Coward.' Yes, he was. Anything else, he would gladly show the goddess. He would for a short time drop all masks amd let her see, exept for that.

Ares didn't want to part his mouth from hers. It felt as if she were his lifeline and the only way he could breathe. Sliding his arm out from behind her, he let his hand stay at her hip his other hand taking her other side so he could lift her by the waist, her legs wrapping around his waist. Stepping forwards to press her back against the wall, and to help support her, he removed his hands. He quickly rid himself of his belt but needed Persephone's help when it came to his vest. Once free of that, his hands went back to seek and explore the woman's body, heat pouring from the palms.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 24th September 2018, 3:46 pm

Somehow it still felt like there was too much space between them, even after he’d gripped her hips and lifted her so that she could wrap her legs around his waist. He was pressing her back against the wall with his weight, but she still wanted him to hold her closer. The small part of her brain that was still functioning wondered if she was feverish because a hot flush was creeping into her cheeks, and his hands seemed to radiate heat as they roamed across her body. Spontaneous combustion was a common phenomenon on Olympus, given how many hot tempers and large egos were crammed on to one small mountain, but Persephone had never heard of it happening because of desire.

There’s a first time for everything, she thought with a mental shrug. And what a way to go.

Ares’ vest and belt were the first casualties. She had to admit she was impressed when he managed to support her against the wall with his weight and remove his belt while continuing the kiss. She knew he wouldn’t drop her, which allowed her to unwind her arms to offer assistance when he struggled to remove his vest. Pushing the black leather from his shoulders was oddly satisfying, and she savoured the feeling as her hands roamed up his arms and across his shoulders. He felt the same as he had the last time she’d had this opportunity, and that provided a strange sort of comfort. He was solid and real, and he had her for now.

Unfortunately even goddesses needed to breathe. On any other occasion she would have been embarrassed that she was breathing so hard when she broke the kiss, but the frantic energy that flowed between them merited special consideration. Her hands slid up from his shoulders to cup his jaw, her thumb stroking over his lower lip as she tried to get her breath back. While she had the chance, she drank in his expression and the intensity of his gaze. She didn’t know how many more chances she was going to get like this, so she did her best to memorize every detail. The tilt of his lips, the exact colour of his eyes, the way his hair fell over his forehead.

If his hair is still that neat when we’re through, she thought, using her grip on his jaw to draw him back in for another kiss. Then I haven’t done my job.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 24th September 2018, 5:40 pm

How he had missed this woman's touch! If had hadn't believed that he was addicted to her before, Ares had no doubts now. Every touch soothed the ache he didn't know he'd had. What he'd told her when he'd had her in his arms last time held true. She was a madness that he would gladly suffer.

For a moment, when she broke away, he feared that she was going to stop. Hadn't he done that to her and wouldn't it be justified if she left him now? Something inside of him cried out at the thought of that happening and a resolve that he wasn't going to let her go; not unless he absolutely had to without any other options available. to him. He savored the feeling of her fingers on his skin and kept his gaze on her his lip twitching of his own accord. Ares knew the look she had as he was doing the same. Searing everything to his memory to call upon when he wished to. His lips turned into a smirk when she took control and obliged her allowing her to dominate their kiss.

Deftly his fingers undid the clasp at her left shoulder, his hand following the path of the falling cloth, his palm pressed against her skin as his fingers massaged into her muscle. If this was going to be the last time that they got to experience this, Ares was going to make it worthwhile. He was going to imprint and memorize everything about her that his senses could take in from sight to touch, and sound she made. Persephone's other clasp was soon undone and Ares cupped the back of her neck, thumb stroking along her throat.

Knowing where everything in his rooms were, Ares backed up rather than pressing the goddess back into the wall. Keeping his hold on her lower back and neck, he walked backwards until he could feel the edge of the bed and he sat down on it. While the thought of the wall was appealing, the bed would give them both more control and comfort. Ares was keen to see Persephone in charge, while at the same time wondering how long it would take before he gave in.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 24th September 2018, 10:46 pm

She'd been correct all those months ago in her musing that he was trying to drive her mad. Every time his skin brushed hers it felt like a giant hand had pushed the air from her lungs, and the only way to breathe was to have him touch her again. Even the lightest brush felt electric, and she found herself sighing and shivering as he let down the clasps that pinned her sleeves together. Even her worries about a sudden exit on his part were melting away under his caresses. The first sweep of his thumb down the side of her throat, in particular, was nearly enough to make her forget her name.

He began to walk backwards, presumably taking them to the bed, and she took advantage of his focus being elsewhere to start pressing kisses on every inch of skin she could reach. She'd teased him like this before, always stopping shy of his lips until he grew frustrated enough that he'd take matters into his own hands. She didn't know why it amused her so, but she hardly cared. She intended to kiss every inch of skin she could reach anyway, so gently tormenting Ares was a bonus.

He must have found the edge of the bed because he sat down suddenly, and she discovered herself straddling his hips as she continued to amuse herself. She wanted to take her time; wanted to remember every detail about this just in case something went wrong and there wasn't a 'next time.' She paused briefly to vanish the sandals still tied to her feet before sitting back on her heels. Her hands trailed down over his shoulders, fingertips barely touching his skin. She wished she could freeze time because she feared things would never be this calm and perfect again.

Stranger things have happened, she thought, forcing down her instinctual pessimism.

But more often than not they don't, the little voice in her head reminded her. It was a gentle reminder, but it stung nonetheless. Even now, with her walls down enough to show him how much she wanted him to stay, he'd still leave eventually.

Then I'd better make the best of it, she decided.

It wasn't a hard resolution to follow. Settled comfortably in Ares' lap, she leaned in until they were nearly nose to nose. Her hands resumed their exploration of his shoulders and back, cataloguing every scar and ridge, and she leaned in to catch his lower lip between her teeth and tug lightly. One eyebrow arched in challenge before she bowed her head and turned her ministrations to his collarbones.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 25th September 2018, 12:08 am

Ares stroked his hand along her spine enjoying her ministrations. Secretly amused at her antics but allowed her her fun. Who was he to judge? When she'd paused he briefly thought about taking control back but wanted to see what she would do. His gaze had also become distracted drinking in the sight of her bare skin. He craved her touch had wanted this for more than a year. What he remembered did not measure up to the real thing. He wanted to burn her touch into him so that it was imprinted forever.

He couldn't hide the want nor did he wish to. Her feather light touches were driving him to frustration. His hands found their way to her waist then paused himself caught in Persephone's gaze when she brought her face close to his. His eyes kept straying and his grip on her hips tightened just a fraction when she renewed her explorations.

A sound escaped when she tugged on his lip and oh wasn't she sexy with that expression. The sensation of her mouth on his skin was quite a distraction however, a hint of mischief curled the corners of his mouth up. Two could play that game. Leaning back supportung them with one arm, he blindly groped along her sash with his other. A wicked smirk made its way to his face as he deliberately allowed himself to fall onto his back in order to use both hands on the woman's sash. He did not wince at all when Persephone's nails dug into his shoulders but a strangled noise did rise up in his throat when her legs had instinctively tightened when he went backwards.

It was worth it as he'd gotten the sash undone and he pulled at the fabric very much enjoying the new view. He really hadn't gotten to unwrap her last time which hadn't been fair. She'd done the unwrapping and while he was just as impatient as he was then, Ares was going to savor this.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 25th September 2018, 12:15 pm

Damn Ares and his smirking - he didn't play fair. The wicked expression on his face made her eyes widen in anticipation and caused a shiver to run up her spine. The intensity was somewhat spoiled by the stifled noise she made as he rolled onto his back and took her with him. She grabbed onto his shoulders instinctively, wincing on his behalf as her nails pressed into his skin. She hadn't made him bleed this time, but ten little half-moons would be imprinted there for a little while.

Her internal monologue concerning his shoulders was cut short abruptly when she felt him tug at the sash that held the remaining fabric of her chiton up. Another tug and the material pulled away, making her shiver when the cooler air hit her skin. She was half tempted to cover herself, to hide, but when she caught the look on his face, she forced her nerves down. He wasn't disappointed, and she chose to enjoy the moment as she sat back on her heels and began to gather her hair out of her face, tying it into a knot on top of her head with a cord she kept looped around her wrist. She'd forgotten to put her curls up before they'd left her quarters, and now they were becoming a hindrance. It was hard to focus when she forever had to push fallen strands out of the way when she moved.

Using his prone position to her advantage, she leaned forward to kiss his jaw before picking her way down his throat to his chest and stomach. She cataloged every ridge and indent there too, half fearing to go any further and advance the ever-approaching ending. The leather of his pants was a tempting barrier, but she opted to shift forward and lace her fingers through his. She drew him up to sit, trapping his hands at the small of her back with her own as she leaned in to kiss him properly. The warmth of his skin against hers made her shiver, and she sighed into the kiss.

Don't let go, she wanted to tell him - to order him - but the words refused to leave her tongue. It wouldn't make a difference - he'd only think she was weak for begging - but she wished she could. Her earlier thought to show him surfaced again, and she tipped her chin to deepen their connection.

Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand on 25th September 2018, 3:47 pm

The poets were right when they compared women to goddesses. If Persephone weren't one already, Ares would swear she was one. Not one to romanticize things, he still couldn't help compare her to a vision of beauty. While he'd always known that, it was just reinforced. His brain stalled as she tied off her hair, many naughty thoughts flittered across his mind about that sash of hers but it was erased when Persephone took charge again. This woman was going to be the death of him with her moving around on his lap like that. This was torture, but it was a very pleasant way to go and one he didn't mind in the least. He resisted touching her, not wanting to distract her quite yet, gaze unwavering as he watched her with mixed emotions. He had to shut his eyes briefly when she moved yet again on his lap! If she kept that up, he would not be able to stop himself from letting his impulses and frustration get the better of him.

His breathing had already shifted when she took his hands and brought them behind her. His lips curled into an approving smile before she had connected her own to his once again. Pulling her closer so she was flush against him, he used his thumbs to stroke her back and decided it was his turn. Taking over, he treated her lower lip to the same manner she gave his earlier before encouraging her with his mouth. Gently disentangling first one then the other of his hands from hers, he took her sash and tied her hands behind her back in a knot she'd be able to get out of if she really wanted to, but would hold up under a tug or two.

"It's my turn, highness," stated hungrily. Now that she was in his bed at his mercy, he was going to take his time, but he was also going to show her how desirable she was if he could. Ares would worship her body, to learn it and how he would be able to play it to bring out what passion he could. Admiring her flushed appearance, he stroked her hips before lifting her off his lap and up onto the bed. Gaze traveling her body, his mouth curved into a lascivious smirk. He was going to really enjoy this. Vanishing the rest of his clothes, he crawled up beside her eyes dancing.
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly on 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Her whine of protest at the removal of his hand from hers turned off into a soft gasp of surprise as he bound her hands behind her back.  From the feel of the material, he was using the sash from her chiton to hold her, and she couldn't bring herself to complain. Being bound was new to her, but the jolt of excitement that ran up her spine told her that she didn't mind it in the slightest.  Perhaps because it was Ares doing the binding, but the point was moot.  If she had her way, it wouldn't be anyone else.  

"It's my turn, highness."  

The clear desire in the way he used her title made her stomach turn over and her breath catch in her throat as he shifted her onto the bed.  She whined in protest at the absence of his warmth, half tempted to push back and plant herself firmly in his lap again, but the sensual look on his face told her that he'd reward her patience if she stayed where he put her.  Her breath came in short pants as his gaze raked over her, and she wished she could always feel this good; wanted, beautiful, adored.  If anyone else could make her feel this divine, it would be nothing short of a miracle.  

Closing her eyes, she exhaled to settle her racing pulse. She wanted to pout, missing Ares' touch on her skin as he studied her, but she checked herself.  Rushing was a luxury for those who had all the time in the world - something she and Ares both did and didn't have.  They had eternity, just not with one another.  A sharp pang of longing made her inhale sharply, only for her to hide it behind a smile as the rest of his clothing vanished from his body, and he joined her on the bed.  

He looked as beautiful as she felt.  Dark and fierce, he looked like he could eat her like a wolf if he so chose, and she would have let him devour her without complaint.  His eyes flashed with amusement and lust, drawing a soft noise of longing out of her throat as he brought himself level with her.  She opened her mouth to plead with him, wishing her hands weren't tied so that she could draw him back to her, but as she did so, he began his ministrations.  

The air rushed out of her chest all at once, and she turned her focus to remembering how to breathe as Ares began his work on her body.

fin.
Holly
Partner
Partner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2