The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Unresolved Issues

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unresolved Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Unresolved Issues

Post by Niemand 4th March 2018, 1:16 am

Ares doesn't like her answer but he had to grudgingly respect her for it despite being annoyed. In spite of what she thought, it did matter, to him. Although he'd asked the question to make her as uncomfortable as he, she had a talent of getting his little tricks to backfire on him. If she wouldn't answer him, then he wouldn't pursue it at this time. Catching her own aborted movement, he felt a bit better, as if the scales balanced a bit more between them. His lips twitch in response to this and his eyes dart to her hands before back to her face and knew he liked her for a reason.

"I wouldn't go so far as to say...intruding. You're presence is always welcome." Even when they were fighting he got a thrill out of it. He understood he was allowing his defense out to play too often around her. It had served him well thus far so he couldn't argue with it. It was better than the alternative and helped him forget what he wanted to by pretending they didn't exist during that time.

While his tone was warm and flirty, he didn't reach out to touch her again. That seemed to him, as if he was desperate, which he wasn't. It seemed that neither one of them were at a point yet to quit their games.

"But you are right. What's done is done." His actions which had led to both of their contemplative states. An odd smile tugged at his mouth and he chuckled. "It seems your presence helped after all, highness."
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 4th March 2018, 1:37 am

She feels almost dizzy trying to keep up with the changes in his mood. In a span of moments he's been angry, sulky, searching, and flirtatious, and she isn't at all sure which ones are genuine, or if any of them are. His tone warms, softening a little as he assures her that her presence is always welcome, though she has to wonder if there isn't a hidden barb in his words.

"I'm glad I could be of assistance," she demurs, forcing her hands to hang relaxed at her sides as a chuckle rumbles out of him. She's not sure what she helped him with, but she also isn't sure she wants to know. Ignorance is bliss, and she fully intends to hold on to what little of it remains to her with both hands.

"Though I think coincidence is more to blame than I am." Her own lips twist, shaping themselves into a barely perceptible smile. It seems they've come out of this little encounter on par with one another, though to her it feels like a victory. She's managed to keep her own cards close to her chest, and she's found a crack in his armour. To say the least, it's been a very informative conversation.

"Do try not to stare at the Satyrs," she says by way of a goodbye, sketching a shallow curtsey before she turns to walk past the pillars. "I'm sure they find it rude."
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 4th March 2018, 1:49 am

Genuine amusement spreads as he's sure that he's caused her no shortage of confusion. If their roles were reversed he'd be annoyed and paranoid. As it is he just takes her acknowledgement with an incline of his head. At her comment about it being coincidence he didn't believe that one either. She could call it that if it helped her. Ares knew it helped him at times to believe the Fates didn't have everything spun out on their cosmic loom.

Giving her a mock wave dismissing her but not before the disgust was plain on is face at her parting shot. More than a bit offended even if it was in slight jest, which he wasn't too sure about. Persephone was getting better at her poker face. "As if those tree chasing furry bohemian goat men have a leg to stand on when it comes to rude."

Shuddering at the thought of anyone thinking he, the god of war, would sink so far as to seek out the company of goats? He'd rather try and tangle with the harpies. Yet, he couldn't help but tilt his head and watch the goddess walk away with a smirk on his lips before he decided it was time for one of his brats to run one of his gauntlets. It should prove entertaining.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum