The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

500 words Exact Challenge

2 posters

Go down

500 words Exact Challenge Empty 500 words Exact Challenge

Post by Tyler 6th April 2014, 3:52 pm

Can you write exactly 500 words (not a word over or under) to describe how you feel about a subject in particular? The first person that can reply below with exactly 500 words doing just that will get 500 star points.

Hope you're up to the challenge!
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

500 words Exact Challenge Empty Re: 500 words Exact Challenge

Post by Buggy 6th April 2014, 5:02 pm

I chose my topic to be based on Racism for this challenge, because it's something that people see a lot . Racism comes in many different forms, not just against Race, it can be against anything really. From height, to weight, to family size even, the discrimination never seems to cease, no matter what you do, someone will always be upset. I personally have only had one type of discrimination thrown at me, family size. It's not a secret that O have a big family, but I know I do, and people who see us in public, know I do, so is it really necessary for people to remind us of it? And how can people really judge a person by race, height, family size, ect. I don't know the cause for sure, but psychological studies do show, that when a human see's something they are uncomfortable with, or something they don't really understand, they tend to group together, with others who do not understand, or share the same views as them. It's a defense mechanism, which I think we can all understand, because us as human beings all do it at some point. But I personally think, that this racism is triggered by other things as well, for starters, I think someone needs to be born with a lack of empathy to become a racist in the first place, and going back to my earlier finding, that humans band together in defense of the unknown. The combination of the two is what I think brings it out, which always ends bad. Like for example, I suppose you could say I'm racist against Racists, because of their lack of empathy, because I don't understand it. I don't understand how someone could say or do cruel things to another human, over such trivial things, but it happens, so as you see, my own mixture of not understanding and lack of empathy for those who have a lack of empathy, makes me racist against those with a lack of empathy. Anyway, I also believe that people "breed" racists as well not on purpose, but Racists who have kids, install in their kids, the racism they have, without meaning to, they teach the children their racism, because even while in the womb, children are learning, and if they hear the racism in there, then when it's continues,the child grows up with those same views. Another factor in Racism is Stereotypes, stereo types often limit people's thinking, causing individuality to be shot to hell, leading to negative assumptions about people. It has also been found, that people hold their own group on a pedestal as compared to the groups around them, simply due to the fact, hat what they are ad due is considered normal in their group, and in the humans mind, normal, is seemed to be better, but there is no true normal, as everyone believes that their way of doing things is the "normal way"
Those are my feelings about Racism.

did I do that right?
Buggy
Buggy
Intern
Intern

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 6th April 2014, 5:07 pm

Wow. You got it. Rofl congrats. You just got 500 star points!
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy 6th April 2014, 5:09 pm

Yay ^-^
Double win, I've been wanting to whine about that for a log time XD
Buggy
Buggy
Intern
Intern

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 6th April 2014, 5:16 pm

Rofl it was a good read. I laughed at the racist against Racists bit.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy 6th April 2014, 5:42 pm

*tips hat* I'm here all week folks!
Buggy
Buggy
Intern
Intern