The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

No Day But Today [CLOSED]

2 posters

Go down

No Day But Today [CLOSED] Empty No Day But Today [CLOSED]

Post by Tyler 13th January 2014, 8:58 pm

The day was beautiful, really. Anthony's eyes watched nature whistle with its wind and beam with its sunlight outside before someone calling his name alerted him. It was the St. Mungo's nurse, the woman fretting as she ushered him back into bed and running a diagnostics on his vitals. He allowed her, sighing softly. His mind went back to the event that led him to this point. The event that, to his mind, was yesterday...

Merlin. He'd lost Ashlynn in the war. Ash. Losing a twin was perhaps worst than death itself. His other half was gone and there was nothing he could do about it thanks to that bloody war. Anthony was lucky to be alive, thanks to the Battle of Hogwarts actually. He'd come away with a broken leg caused by dark magic, a concussion, fractured ribs, and magical exhaustion. The results left him bedridden for up to a week or more, according to his healer.

He tried not to think about the rest, but found himself shutting his eyes tightly, forcibly waging with his mind. He needed his fiance. Where was Angel? He thought.

Last edited by Tyler on 11th June 2014, 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

No Day But Today [CLOSED] Empty Re: No Day But Today [CLOSED]

Post by Holly 13th January 2014, 9:37 pm

Nothing said underwhelming like a watery cup of tea, verging on undrinkably bitter, and a soggy scone.
But, as it was the best that the St. Mungo's cafeteria had to offer, Angelina wasn't like to complain.

When was the last time I had a proper meal? she wondered, nibbling gingerly at the scone and then washing the bite down with a hasty swig of tea. A week ago? Week and a half?

Tony was her clock now, so she'd barely looked at a clock or a calendar. Daytime was the brief moments of wakefulness when the nurses would prop him up, wake him with a charm, and gently feed him soup and skele-gro. Nights were almost unbearably long.

But he was healing, so it was worth it. Listening to a soundtrack of mandrakes while scrubbing out a fifth year's potions cauldrons would be worth it if it meant he'd heal faster. But she had to wait, and wait she would.

Depositing the tea in the rubbish bin, she meandered out into the atrium, still nibbling the scone. The unfamiliar faces stared back at her from the wingback chairs in the waiting room; a balding wizard with a large protuberance emerging from his forehead, a small child with a half human, half feline face, and a rather dour woman who seemed so intent on her knitting that she'd failed to notice that she was now using her own exceedingly long braid as yarn.

He'll be awake soon, she promised herself as she wandered away, struggling to stave off the feeling that she would soon be crushed into nothingness by her own boredom.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 13th January 2014, 10:25 pm

He should move, get out of bed, and try to find the woman he loved. What if she'd been k-killed in the battle of Hogwarts, like he knew his twin sister had been. He'd stumbled across her body while fighting off a death eater. She'd been AK'ed, from the frozen position indication. Tony shivered as he remembered.

His leg was casted, seeing as a dark curse caused the injury, so he knew walking would be a challenge. He'd been able to make it to the window by sheer stubbornness and hopping on his good foot. He doubted Angel would be in reach of just hopping to her. Still...

He dug around for his wand, but frowned as he noticed his current wear was a hospital gown. He tried to think of how he could get to Angel when he let out a yelp as he went crashing to the bed, having forgotten he had been leaning over the side to look under the bed. He landed, disheveled, on his side in a gangly mess. Thank Merlin his ribs had been healed.

"Owww," he let out at any rate, feeling his leg protesting.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th January 2014, 11:02 pm

With the cafeteria being on the fifth floor, and Tony residing on the fourth, it didn't take her long to reach his bedside again. But what she found there was alarming, to say the least.

Serval nurses were huddled around a prone shape on the floor. Said shape had Tony's rumpled mop of dark hair, and that funny little freckle group on the back of his left calf.

She didn't realize that she was moving until she was halfway to him, the scone hitting the floor behind her.
"Tony!" she yelped, sliding past two nurses and dropping to her knees. Her hand found his face and turned his head gently toward her.

His eyes were open. Befuddlement flashed in them, but they were clear and lucid otherwise. She could have screamed her relief to the sky, but she settled for a sigh.

"You bloody, barmy idiot," she muttered, sitting back on her heels and rubbing the bridge of her nose between her index finger and thumb. "What were you doing to land yourself down here?"
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 13th January 2014, 11:11 pm

"Ahaha," he laughed, cringing when pain in his leg flared. "I thought I'd kiss the floor?" He gave her a sheepish look as the nurses levitated him back onto the bed, all leaving with exasperated and relieved looks on their face. "So... The Healer came in earlier. Said this is the first time I'm comprehensive in a week?" A coma? He didn't think his injuries had been that bad, but he supposed it was possible.

"I wanted to see my Angel," he said softly, looking at her after awhile. "I... I honestly thought I lost you, when I woke up here alone. I thought you were l-like Ash." Damnit, he stuttered slightly, something he'd been hoping to keep out of his tone. Stop thinking about it!

Shaking his head, he looked seriously at Angel. "Were you hurt, love?" He asked, hands gripping the sheets at the thought of his fiance being hurt in anyway. The thought was sickening to say the least.
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down