The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Cat + Mouse

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cat + Mouse  Empty Cat + Mouse

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 9:48 pm

Something is very, very wrong.

Damn Ares and his speed, he must have done something too fast for her to see when he took the compass from her. When she'd gotten back to the underworld she hadn't noticed anything amiss - the compass had still emitted a faint aura of the underworld, and though she regretted taking it, she had done what she intended to do.

The end of winter has come and gone, and now, in the first week of spring, she knows differently. Whatever made the compass give off a sense of the underworld has been removed, and she still has no idea of what it might have been. Staring at the piece of wood, metal, and glass as she perches on the edge of her bed, she resists the urge to throw the thing across the room in frustration.

She's been replaying her encounters with Ares over and over, trying to figure out what he wants, and what he might have taken out of the compass or done to it to make it stop projecting an underworld aura. The only thing she's learned, to her dismay, is that he's started using her name.

Not 'your highness', not 'your majesty'. He's called her by her name several times, and it makes her guilt and confusion just that much worse. What reason would he have to do that? Is he trying to play some kind of mind game with her?

Probably, she thinks tiredly, setting the compass down on the bed beside her and burying her head in her hands. It wouldn't be a stretch for him.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Cat + Mouse  Empty Re: Cat + Mouse

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 9:49 pm

It seemed the space between their encounters were becoming fewer and fewer as the number of times they crossed paths increased. Ares had felt both elated yet let down from their last game. It was the only way he could rationalize it in his mind. The last time, he'd had to hurt her though. That hadn't set well with him and while he wanted to apologize, the god of war didn't say sorry with sincerity. Nor did he want to rouse Aphrodite's ire either by being obvious. She was distracted herself and hadn't been paying any attention to his side entertainment which he wanted to keep that way for as long as possible.

Today, Ares had had the misfortune of incurring Athena's irritation because his mortal children had beaten hers at that summer camp. It had put him in a smug mood but he knew when to cut and leave her to stew. Which he was. There was another matter he had to attend to as well while he was up here before he took off to his other haunts for awhile. Last time she had thought turnabout was fair play and he had had to applaud her audaciousness. Now, it was his turn once again to intrude and he was rather looking forward to it.

Winter was over. That meant she would be here. So, Ares went to her door only after making sure that Demeter was out. Smirking, he tried the door and tutted. Opening it he let himself in and leaned against the door staring at her as he stated, "What was it you said about doors and locks again?"
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 9:52 pm

Oh no.

There's only one person that can sound that abrasively smug, and he's the absolute last person she wants to see. Still, there he is in all his boorish glory, leaning against her door and lecturing her on the importance of locks on doors.

"Last I heard, Hermes was still residing here. A lock is about as good a precaution as putting a bell on a tiger," she replies tiredly, rubbing the heel of one hand across the top of her cheekbone. The gods don't sleep, but she wishes she could at the moment - if only to take a break from the constant analyzing and worrying she's been doing for the last few weeks.

She doesn't understand what's going on, or why she can't seem to get this right. Getting the compass back was a simple enough task that's suddenly become complicated by longing, fear, and a whole lot of guilt for reasons that she can't comprehend. She's caught between her husband, the irritatingly attractive god of war, her dearest friend, her mother, and herself; it's more than enough to drive a girl crazy, and she's beginning to wonder if she might be beginning to toe the line.

"What can I help you with, Ares?" she asks, closing her eyes for a moment and then opening them to look up at him. The smirk on his lips is an uncomfortable reminder of their last encounter, and she has to look away after a moment with a sigh.

"If you've come to gloat, could I trouble you to keep it short? I have a splitting headache."
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 9:52 pm

'Not to mention mothers that don't know the meaning of the word privacy,' Ares thought. Demeter was the epitome of overbearing when it came to her daughter from what he'd gathered. Aloud he gave an amused sound of agreement with her while his brows furrowed as he gazed at her. This wasn't the same person who had boldly entered his room. It was almost as if she'd regressed, but seemed to come out of it long enough to ask him a very loaded question that he couldn't help but smirk at. But then its gone as she goes back to being almost weak. Until she says the last and he gave a bark of laughter.

"Poor Persephone. Fighting with your mother again?" he asks only half mockingly while the other half was concerned. Stepping more fully into the room, his eyes take in how vastly different her room was compared to the others he'd seen as well as his own. His gaze naturally comes back to her and more importantly what is beside her. "I've come to collect what you owe me."
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 9:57 pm

She can't help but roll her eyes. She should be so lucky to count her mother as one of her problems, instead of the mess she's gotten herself into.

"If only. Arguing with my mother is what I do best," she replies dryly, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed and standing. Her arms fold across her chest on instinct until she forces them down, resting her hands on her hips.

"I don't owe you anything," she adds, shaking her head. "You somehow kept the thing that belonged to me and sent me on my merry way with the thing that belonged to you. If anything, you're here to pick up what you lent me." The words are sharp with frustration, punctuated by a habitual toss of her curls as she forces herself to face him.

"Come take your trinket then. It's of no use to me anyway," she says, lips twisting slightly as she stoops to grab the compass from the bed. "Here."
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 9:57 pm

This is wrong. Ares frowned in annoyance. This was not how the script was supposed to go. The last time she had confronted him, she had been bold and daring and had played her hand well. She had nearly distracted him enough to get away with what she wanted. While he'd been curious to see how far she would take the game, he was enjoying this drawn out version. Entertainment was hard to come by. And this was so much more than that. And this was rather disappointing to see that she seemed to have taken a step forward only to take three backwards.

"Technically, it doesn't belong to you. Nor your husband," Ares added unable to hide his amusement at her phrasing of what he had done. Hades after all was just the caretaker more or less. It wasn't as if his uncle had created the substance. "Who said the compass was what you owed me?" he asked seriously lowering his voice and stepping closer making no move to take the compass. Oh, he would take it when he left, but for now, he had to see if he could get this woman out of whatever mood had taken possession over her.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 9:58 pm

She grits her teeth, feeling her stress level rising as it dawns on her exactly what he's driving at. "Whatever gave this thing its underworld aura is gone," she explains slowly, waggling the hand holding the compass before tossing the trinket back down on the bed. "Whatever that was - and believe me, I know there was something - belongs in my domain."

"And as for what you're here looking for now, I don't owe you that either," she gives him a smile that's all teeth and sharp edges as he comes closer. She can feel the tension in the room rising, but she'll be damned if she's just going to let him waltz in here and dictate the circumstances to amuse himself.

"Besides, don't you already have someone who can help you find what you're seeking?" she questions dryly, arching one eyebrow as she takes a step toward him. "My offer to call on her and tell her exactly what you've been up to is still very much on the table."

This is her space, and she makes the rules here. If he thinks this is going to go smoothly, then he has another thing coming.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:02 pm

Eyes dancing with mirth and self-satisfaction he hummed an agreement about it belonging in her realm. At her statement, he arched a brow and gave a cocky smirk. This was much better. He liked when she was fierce and confident and that defiant fire flared in her eyes that he was sure she wasn't aware of. His smirk turned into a full blown laugh at her question and threat. Now this was what he'd been expecting when he'd come here.

Giving a mock bow, he pulled out the tiny vial that he'd had in his vest. There was barely a quarter of liquid in it. "You mean this?" he teasingly asked showing it to her as he resumed his stance keeping it out of her reach.

"As for what you owe me, who said it was that either?" Laughter was in his voice and he knew that it would irritate her.

While he did worry about her threat, he didn't acknowledge it. Yes, there was someone else he could find physical gratification and more with, but that wasn't what he was after. Not completely. While Aphrodite went along with some things, this was more between himself and Persephone. He wanted and needed to know how far he could take this.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:03 pm

He's just playing games now, and though his machinations irritate her she has to laugh. She knew she was right that he'd taken something - although she can't fathom what's in the vial. Whatever it is, it fairly reeks of the underworld, and she has the upper hand for a change.

"That would be it," she says mildly, tipping her head as she studies the tiny crystalline vial. It's no bigger than her pinky finger and less than a quarter full, but she knows that, when she comes to the end of this encounter, she'd better have that vial in her hands.

"You're the one who made the implication, dear Ares," she says unconcernedly, her gaze still locked on the delicate filigree stopper of the vial. Even if she can just knock it out of his hand and spill whatever is inside it, she'll have won. Better that neither of them has it than him maintaining possession. "And it seemed to be what you wanted last time."

Glancing up, she arches an eyebrow and smiles. "Last I checked, you thoroughly enjoyed your gift" she chuckles, making air quotations with her fingers around the word 'gift'. "I don't think I've ever seen you so out of sorts."
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:05 pm

The laughter caused his eyes to light up, pleased that he'd been able to pull one out of her. Closing his hand around the vial he stuck it back in the pocket he'd had it in. Making a face his hand gives the 'so so' movement. It was and was not what he was after. Yes, he'd been after the vial, but he had also been more than thrilled to play the game that Persephone had purposed. While he may have given her the implication, what did it say about her that her mind ran parallel to his own? If he was honest, part of his statement had purposely implied that he wanted to finish their previous game. However, he still believed she owed him an apology for the slap she'd given him and the denial since their last encounter proved her previous assumptions false. She wasn't like the other Olympians. What she had done to distract him had come from more than just acting the part to get what she wanted.

"Ah," he stated advancing towards her again with a swagger and his eyes roaming her slowly. "I never got to unwrap it, so how can I know if I would have enjoyed it? Taking a peek is not the same as the joy of unwrapping the gift. Nor of enjoying it."
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:06 pm

She hums quietly in agreement, a smile tugging at her lips as he approaches. Apparently, he thinks she hasn't learned from their previous encounters at all, and the thought amuses her. Certainly, they're thinking along the same lines, but this is still a game, and she has no intention of giving in until she's forced to.

"I suppose you'll have to wait a while longer to find out then," she says, surprised at the sudden rush of playfulness that's bubbling up in her chest. She's actually enjoying this game, and she wonders if she might just have a chance to win this time.

She lets him come closer, waiting until he's within arm's reach to step around him. A giggle slips from her lips as she comes around to face his back, waiting for him to catch up.

"You'll have to do better than that," she teases, giving him a cheeky grin. "I ought to be offended that you think I'd just let you take what you please."

He's not the only one who can play keep-away after all, and she's willing to bet that his patience will wear thin far sooner than hers. Now all she has to do is keep out of his reach, which, admittedly, might be trickier than it seems.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:07 pm

Well, they did say anticipation was half the fun, and Ares had to say that he had found it to be true. The fact that she was willing to play their game and seemed to have forgotten about her previous funk, gave him satisfaction as well. Pride grew that he was able to provide the distraction this time even if it was something small. The smile doesn't leave his face as she moves away from him and he had to hand it to the mutt, he'd been right all them years ago. Who knew that Persephone giggled.

Returning her look with one of his own albeit with more of predatory edge. So they were going to play cat and mouse. It was a game he knew well and quite enjoyed. "Who said I wouldn't be willing to negotiate?" he murmurs as he makes a grab for her only to have her slip by him again, his fingertips brushing the wake of her dress.

That she was up to playing his game, teasing, and even taking initiative? That was just as important as her actually participating. Somehow he doubted this would be dull at all. His eyes watch her and when he's sure he might be able to grab her, he makes a move towards her to do just that.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:08 pm

There's something satisfying about dancing just out of his reach, watching the predatory look in his eyes and knowing that he can only grab her if she lets him. Finally, she's in control, and it's enough of a rush to make her grin hard enough that her cheeks begin to ache.

He's coming towards her again, presumably to make another grab for her, but she hesitates just a split second too long in trying to feint away from him. She feels rather than sees his grip close around the fabric of her dress, arresting her momentum as she tries to dance back out of his reach.

"You'd better not damage my dress," she says, tugging experimentally on the fabric above where he's holding it, trying to test his grip and wondering if a torn skirt is worth carrying on with their merry little chase.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:09 pm

Watching her having fun and the way she was smiling, had Ares preen. Stalking her and having her dance away with grace was in itself fun and enjoyable to watch. Catching her had him give her a triumphant look, only to laugh at her statement. He lets her tug the fabric before letting go so she could dart out of his reach again. Once again he gives her own words back to her as a challenge. "You'll have to do better than that," of course he had to add in, "otherwise its not as much fun."

He didn't want the game over so soon. And it looked like she wasn't about ready to have it end quite on that note either. Ares justified his letting her go too that he catching her by the dress wasn't the same as actually capturing her. It wasn't as satisfying nor as fun. He planned on her being unable to get away when he did get his hands on her. After all, they still had to negotiate, and see if they could push their game a bit further.

Last edited by Niemand on 27th October 2018, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:10 pm

"Hah. I'm sorry I'm spoiling your fun," she says sardonically, shaking her head in mock exasperation as she dances back out of his reach, buying herself time to plan her next move. He's rapidly backing her into a corner, so she'll have to get around him if she wants to keep evading him.

She's silently grateful for him letting her go. She's still not ready to give in, and apparently, he's not ready for the chase to end. Both parties are happier if she continues to run, so she does. She makes to run right, and then quickly reverses direction to dart around to his left. Her skirts tangle around her leg as she jogs wide of him, and once she thinks she's clear she bends to knot them near her knee. The last thing she wants is to be caught again because she tripped over her own skirts.

"You do realize that you actually have to make an effort," she says, canting her head slightly as she watches him. "Unless you'd like the others to hear how the queen of the dead can outrun the god of war?"
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:10 pm

The response he gives her to her quip is a Cheshire grin. He really was enjoying seeing her run about. It was very apparent she was enjoying the game as much as he was. And he was just as happy to be literally chasing her instead of figuratively like he'd been doing. He goes and falls for her feint to the right coming up short when he went to grab her. His eyes track her movements and he can't help but smirk at the fact that he gets to see her legs again. She'd had her skirts tied up much the same way when she'd snuck into his quarters. He wanted to see more than that and he was taken from his musing by her next comment that was really a challenge.

A narrowing of his eyes and a slight growl that came out of his mouth was the only outward signs of acknowledgement of her tossing of the gauntlet. Maybe he hadn't been trying as hard as he should have to catch her, but it had been fun and he was sure she hadn't been this 'free' in awhile. As she stated though, he had a reputation to uphold. Glancing around, he frowned seeing that there was nothing helpful there. He'd tried to quickly close the gap when she'd gone to tie up her skirts, but that had actually caused him to pause and now he was back at square one with her watching him.

Well, if she wanted it to end that badly, who was he to disappoint? Then again, she might call it cheating, but she was good at sensing people. And this would take the game up a notch. Without warning, he vanished from where he was and appeared just behind her and reached out touch the red material she chose to wear today.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:12 pm

Ugh. She should have known he would use his parlour tricks to cheat, and she certainly should have known better than to challenge the god of war by threatening to put his reputation on the line, even if it was a joke. She stiffens a little when she feels his fingers brush the fabric on her back, turning to him with a half-amused-half-exasperated expression on her face.

"When I suggested you try a little harder," she deadpans, glancing down at where his fingertips now rest against the material that covers her ribs, "I didn't mean bend the laws of physics to cheat."

She feigns disappointment, shaking her head and tsking to herself. "Oh dear. Now I really will have to tell the pantheon about this. Can you imagine how they'll react to the news that you have to cheat to catch me?" She laughs, genuinely amused by the thought. The other gods wouldn't believe her for a second, a girl can dream.

"What is the world coming to?" She sighs dramatically, pursing her lips as if thinking deeply on the impending doom of the world signalled by his inability to catch up to her in an enclosed space.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:14 pm

Ares wanted to laugh at the expression on her face to his 'cheating' then actually gave into the impulse at her statement. He loves the fact that she feels relaxed enough to actually tease him. She was the only one who really thought that he cheated. In his defense they were gods and what was the use of having abilities and power if they didn't use them?

Moving his hand further forward until he was basically holding her side he kept his gaze on her face, eyes searching hers, a teasing lilt to his lips as he fought back the smile. Doesn't voice that that it was the only way to catch her. Keeping her on the other hand, that was a different story wasn't it? "I doubt they'd be surprised," came his rather truthful answer. His family would expect that of him wouldn't they?

As for what the world was coming to, that was something that he was eager to explore and discover. Stepping into her space he asked, "What do you want it to come to?"
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:16 pm

His almost resigned reply sparks a twinge of guilt, which in turn results in a rueful smile. He has a point - the reputation that proceeds him is one of a warrior, brash and changeable, who isn't afraid to bend the rules to get what he wants. If she's aware of it, then the whole of Olympus does too. Still, he seems to resent it, and she's suddenly sorry she made that particular joke.

"It'll be our secret," she replies honestly. This entire series of events will be their secret because if anyone finds out, they're both like to be in a very uncomfortable position for a very long time. It's an odd feeling, thinking of something as 'theirs', but it is nonetheless.

"The world?" she asks, arching an eyebrow. "Preferably a reasonably stable state, but you know mortals. Always trying to change things," she deadpans, her gaze flicking down to where his hand rests against her side. She can feel the heat from his palm seeping through the fabric of her dress, a pleasant sensation that's surprisingly gentle.

"Or was that not what you were getting at?" She smiles, trying not to laugh at her very, very lame joke. In her defence, she's not sure how to answer him - she knows what he wants to hear, but somehow putting it into words is proving difficult. Instead, she falls back on immature humour to buy herself time to think.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:17 pm

At those words that it would be 'their' secret, Ares wasn't sure what he was feeling exactly, but he knew it was something. His eyes searched hers trying to read her and the sincerity of her words as well as all the possible meanings and those left unsaid. For so long the thing that had been 'theirs' was the sort of game he had played and her constant refusal to acknowledge there was something to the mutual friction between them. His lip curled a bit at her banter and how her eyes went to where he hadn't removed his hand. Unconsciously he pulled her closer until she was flush with his body and arched his own brow. Now their 'secret' would be more than that.

He'd already gone through a phase where he observed mortals and thought about their behavior and their short life spans. Ares agreed with her view of them since it was because of them that some of the gods had disappeared and vanished. Not wanting to contemplate about the mortals especially when he was in the queen of the underworld's room and literally touching her.

While it was a bit amusing that she was trying to stall, Ares at the same time wanted to see how far she would go. Hence his question and she was trying to avoid answering it. He reached up with his free hand to move the curls back from her face and asked once more, "What do you think?"
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:22 pm

Between one eyeblink and the next, he tugs her closer until she's pressed flush against him. The heat he seems to radiate begins to soak through the fabric of her dress, chasing away the chill she wasn't aware she was feeling until just then. A small shiver makes its way up her spine, and without thinking she presses closer still, trying to make the sensation go away.

The oh-so-gentle way he brushes her curls out of her eyes does something to her knees, making them feel oddly wobbly, not unlike the way they feel when she stands up too quickly and gives herself a head rush. To steady herself she brings her hands up, splaying her fingers wide as she lets them rest against his chest.

There's no getting around his question. She can dodge and delay all she likes, but this tension between them is unshakable, and if she's honest, she's thoroughly tired of running away from it.

"I think we both want it to come to the same thing," she replies slowly, choosing each word with care. Running her thumbs over the leather of his vest, she tips her head to the side and looks up at him, a smile touching her lips at his raised eyebrow.

"I also think that neither of us would complain if you kissed me," she adds, trying to hide the flush that's spreading on her neck and cheeks. It feels strange to speak it out loud, and she feels far too much like a silly human schoolgirl for her liking, but it is what it is.

And besides, she's allowed to feel giddy and strange. The only "romance" she's ever known was arranged for her without her knowledge, and it's been less than ideal since.

"But I could be wrong," she jokes, a wry smile spreading across her face.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:23 pm

As before, he enjoys even the tiniest reactions that he elicits from her and files them all away. What a certain touch does and causes. Ares counts it as a victory that she tries to remove all space between their bodies and actually comes close to touching him. If her hand was actually on his skin rather than the leather covering it, he was sure she would have been able to feel how his heart rate had sped up.

He wants her to admit the pull though and its with triumph that his pride feels restored when she does. The smugness that he feels is something he doesn't try to hide from her. Nor does he when he openly watches the color rising on her skin and how it makes her more desirable. With her admittance he feels free to give in and he states, "No complaints here, your highness," and claims her lips with his own holding nothing back as the hand at her waist moves to the small of her back to keep her against him.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:25 pm

She gives an exasperated huff, fully intending to lean back and inform him that she does have a name, and would it really be so bad for him to use it every now and again? Unfortunately, the intention gets side-tracked somewhere along the line - likely due to the fact that his lips are on hers and she can't seem to focus on anything other than how he makes her feel. His hand is pressed against the small of her back, keeping her close to him, and she has no intention of resisting his hold.

She did her due diligence. She fought him tooth and nail for as long as she could, but, ironically, she's only "human". Anyone who might protest has no right to do so, especially her husband. He and Zeus took away her ability to choose without a second thought, so it serves them both right that this is what things have come to.

"I never figured you for someone who used pet names," she drawls, breaking the kiss briefly to catch her breath. Her fingers draw circles on the leather of his vest, and she wonders for a second if it's too soon to try and get him out of it.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:26 pm

Breathing a little heavier, his dark gaze stays on her lips and his own mouth curls into a mocking laugh. "I'll call you anything you want," he honestly tells her trailing his hand down her cheek and along her neck. "But are you telling me I shouldn't call you, highness, anymore?" Ares preferred calling her that to her name. Names held power especially if you were a deity. That was how they could hear when their mortal offspring and in the ancient days, their priests, called to them. It was also why Ares usually tended to avoid saying the other deities names. Although with Persephone it was quite different. He had used her name to get back at her even if he was the only one aware of it. For some reason, he very much just liked using her titles.

Giving her a devious and predatory smile, Ares allowed his hands to travel down in order to pick her up and forcing her to wrap her legs around his waist as he strode towards her bed. He'd had a lot of fun last time with her pinned beneath him and he wanted an encore experience. Hopefully this time it would play out different and they could actually get to the 'unwrapping' part of their game.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:29 pm

She leans into his touch, eyes half-lidded as she considers his question. He does have a point - it's oddly nice to have someone acknowledge her titles - and she decides to let the issue drop. Besides, she quite likes the way he sounds when he calls her 'highness'.

It's a bit of a surprise when his hands slide down and he lifts her up. On instinct, she wraps her legs around his waist and twines her arms around his neck, both for balance and for the sake of being close. Finding herself nose to nose with him as he walks them back towards the bed, she gives him a grin to rival his own and begins to pepper kisses along his jaw and down to the skin that's exposed by the neckline of his vest.

It's an experiment of sorts, to see just how distracted she can get him before he sets her down on the bed. They both know he could reduce her to a puddle in minutes if he so chose, but she's never quite been brave enough to explore the opposite end of that particular phenomenon.

No time like the present, she thinks, smiling against the skin of his jaw as her hand slides up the back of his neck, combing her fingers through the curls at the base of his skull.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:30 pm

Ares' smugness grew when she didn't confirm that she would prefer her name nor that she was against him using her titles in lieu of it. Seeing his own expression on her face gives him pause and wants to make him laugh. This was a first and to see it on her face and directed towards him. Then things got interesting when she took initiative to start the intimacy when he'd thought he'd have to again. She learned quickly and he rather enjoyed the touch of her lips against his skin. From previous experience he'd known her lips had been warm rather than cold as one would expect from the queen of the underworld. In contrast to her lips his earring burned with a cold fire as it pressed into his neck.

Distracted, he grunted as he ran into her vanity and glared at it. Annoyance laced the expression he gave the goddess when she reacted with amusement. He growled because it was her fault. She liked to find ways to distract him and he would have to say that she more often than not succeeded. He'd would get his turn. Smirking, he glanced at the bed and 'cheated' once again to avoid all the obstacles in her room.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:33 pm

He almost looks offended when he runs into her vanity, and she can't help but laugh. It doesn't seem like something he would do, running into things, which makes it even funnier.

Her giggles cut off abruptly as he uses his little parlor trick to get them across the room without encountering any more furniture. It's very disconcerting - like being caught in a maelstrom for a split second - and she has to cling to him, squeezing her eyes shut until her equilibrium settles again.

"You really ought to look where you're going," she chuckles when her head is no longer spinning, withdrawing her hand from his hair to toy with the small earring that was pressing into her cheek a moment ago. It's an oddly dashing accessory that reminds her of the swashbuckling not-quite-grace of mortal buccaneers, or at least the ones she's encountered as shades in the underworld.

He would have made a very good pirate if he were mortal, she thinks, studying him for a moment. He certainly has the looks and the attitude right.

Settling herself more comfortably against him, she resumes kissing every inch of exposed skin she can reach, always taking care to stop just shy of his lips. She'll get there, eventually, but for now, she's content to amuse herself by distracting him.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:34 pm

"I'm glad you find it so funny, highness," he tells her practically dripping in sarcasm. He should have looked where he was going, but he would much rather look at her. At the expressions that cross her face, and wanting to stoke the fire in her that she lit in him. He only briefly wonders what crosses her mind when she touches the silver dagger hanging from his ear. Until she starts up those kisses again and while he enjoyed them and the fact that he was willing to allow her to explore, he was getting frustrated with her.

Keeping one arm around her waist, his other hand reached up to grasp her chin to still her for a moment as he stated, "My turn," before fiercely laying claim to her mouth, not wanting to let it go for the moment. Deepening it, and encouraging her to return the favor.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly 13th February 2018, 10:35 pm

It says a lot about how much has changed when her response to his sarcasm isn't frustration or anger but genuine amusement. His dry tone makes her laugh against his skin, only to be interrupted again when he catches her chin.

"My turn," he says just before his lips crash down on hers. It gives her a modicum of satisfaction to know that her teasing does affect him enough to frustrate him, but the feeling is quickly lost in the tumble of her thoughts as the kiss deepens.

Where he is fierce and demanding, she's slightly slower and more cautious - still trying to learn without making a fool of herself. Her response comes in stages - her arms twining around his neck, tilting her head to deepen the kiss further - and soon she's breathless.

She wants to stay here, just like this, for as long as she can. She's discovered that she likes this giddy, breathless, needy feeling, and she doesn't want it to end.

She makes a valiant effort, holding out until her only options are to break away and breathe or faint. Pulling back slightly, she rests her forehead against his, trying not to pant as the air begins to flow uninterrupted into her lungs again.

There's a sense of urgency and impatience nagging at her, so she only manages a moment of breathing before her attraction overrules her body's needs and she resumes the kiss. Hers is slower, still cautious, but she soon finds herself not caring about what is considered a 'wrong' way to kiss. All she cares about is his lips on hers and pressing herself as close as she can get.

And besides, he's probably the best 'teacher' she could have. Her mistakes will only amuse him, rather than hurt him, and he certainly doesn't lack for enthusiasm.
Holly
Holly
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 13th February 2018, 10:37 pm

His hand that had been holding her chin at some point during the kiss had gone to her cheek then to cup the back of her head, careful not to tangle her hair in his ring. Inside he approves of how she seems to come out of her shell and allow herself to feel and not think quite so much. Exploring and figuring out what she liked. When she pulled back, he was sure that his eyes were full of lust and a bit glassy eyed because she was quite good. Before he knows it she's taken over and he allows her to set the pace.

His arm tightens just a bit around her waist as he finds the edge of the bed with his legs and tumbles forward with her, breaking their fall with his other arm which breaks their kisses once again. Staring down at her with her hair splayed, he tilts his head and admires how breath taking she is and what a fool his uncle was for allowing her to feel as she did. An amused look briefly crosses his face as he's reminded of their last encounter when she was on his couch rather than her bed and in a similar position. Pulling his arm back he stands up only long enough to rid himself of his wide belt keeping his vest shut as well as the vest itself uncaring where they landed.

Ares hadn't even glanced at the compass which had upon the impact of the deities upon the bed, bounced slightly further down the blankets. His mind had almost completely forgotten about it the moment that he and Persephone had upped their game and had decided on this course.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum