The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Am I the only one?

2 posters

Go down

Am I the only one? Empty Am I the only one?

Post by Niemand 28th September 2015, 6:01 pm

Okay, wasn't sure where to put it, but I think this was the area. If not, sorry Ty!

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with shows/movies based on something like a book, comics, or game? Example, I have a love/hate relationship with Marvel that I don't think will change anytime soon, if ever.

With movies made from books, if I can ignore everything I know about the book(s) and just focus on the movie as a stand alone I can sometimes do it. Unless the movie really really is a lemon.

But someone got me into watching Once Upon a Time. I get wanting to tweak things. I mean Tim Burton did alright with his version of Alice in Wonderland. Mirror Mirror was a nice take on the Snow White thing. And NBC did awesome with the whole fairy tale thing with The Tenth Kingdom. Anyways, I like a lot of what ABC came up with even at times I was eyetwitching about them messing with some of the classics (and by that I don't mean the disney versions either but the actual real ones). What I had to draw the line at though was them incorporating Mulan that makes me wonder if they even knew that she was a real person. Might just be me but you don't throw a real person into a fairy tale world.

With the Fourth Season and them introducing Frozen I can already see that I'm going to be having another love/hate relationship.

Anyone with me here?
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one? Empty Re: Am I the only one?

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX 3rd November 2015, 6:40 am

I loved the first season of Once Upon a Time. It brought in the classics of fairy tales and put them together in format similar to The Neverending Story. I think the first and second season were the best while the third and fourth were the worst. I'd have to say that the fifth season does look like it has lots of potential so far. The writing seemed to have changed and is now similar to the second season. hey are now challenging Gold's character but not as the Dark One. Regina, too, is one of the main characters that they seem to be focusing into. I love their writing in the first season and I hope o see that again in this new season. The characters have gone under a lot of character change and I'm glad it is being challenged by none other than the former Saviour of the town.

-Truth
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 30th November 2015, 1:17 pm

Nice. I haven't seen the fifth season yet. I have only been able to get the first three seasons now four from the library. For a time I had to watch season four on Netflix on my friend's account. I think part of my problem is I can spot inconsistencies and big plot holes make my brain scream XD

Glad they're finally focusing on other characters since really don't like the whole Snow White and Prince Charming thing. And Henry just annoys me and I want to smack him. I mean dude, first Regina's not his mom then she is and he just is an asshole. Of course the whole town sucks on that front when it comes to bashing Regina even though she's trying to change and what not. So yay that they give more time to the others and stuff.
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX 16th December 2015, 2:12 pm

Actually, I take back what I said. The fifth season sucks. The writers are just dragging on the show way too long. I'm gonna stop watching this show now and focus on others I've been neglecting. *sighs* There was so much potential but they screwed it up.
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 16th December 2015, 2:23 pm

Really? Sadness. They started out okay. So maybe its a good thing I haven't seen the fifth season LOL! Any recommends?
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by XxTheUnspokenTruthxX 25th December 2015, 12:15 pm

iZombie is pretty good.
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
XxTheUnspokenTruthxX
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Niemand 12th January 2016, 1:58 pm

I dun do zombies *shudders*
Niemand
Niemand
Supervisor
Supervisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum