The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Just a Spark (Twilight)

2 posters

Go down

Just a Spark (Twilight) Empty Just a Spark (Twilight)

Post by Aunt Bran 7th March 2015, 8:50 am

Title:  Just a Spark
Rating:  T  
Genre:  Romance
Pairing :  Charlie and Sue
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the  property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The Cullen wedding is my own private hell.  Seth begged and nagged until I gave in -- anything for my baby boy.  He seems to be comfortable with the undead guests, but they give me the serious creeps.  I had nightmares as a child after hearing the legends and walking home from a tribal bonfire, and here we are -- hobnobbing with them.  Even Esme, who’s never been anything but nice to me -- she brushed against my arm and I almost jumped out of my skin.  You’d have thought her touch was hot -- or electric -- rather than stony cold and dead.

I’m here for Charlie too.  He wanted Harry and me to share this special day, but the Great Spirit had other ideas for my Harry.  I look around at the glamorous monsters, and I feel both underdressed and overweight.

There must be a few other humans around here.  When Seth and I find our table...ahh, yes.  There’s Billy, Charlie, and a couple of Bella’s school friends.  I wonder why Charlie’s not seated with the bride’s family.  Renee and her new husband are there.  If I know Charlie, he’d probably prefer to take a back seat.  Sit with the riffraff.  Fine with me.  We can talk fishing.

“Hey, Sue.”  He has a nice smile.  “You feeling like the redheaded stepchild?”  How does he know that?

“Yes.  Is it that obvious?”  He takes the seat next to me.  

“Takes one to know one,” he grins.  “Would you like to dance?”

“With you?” I ask stupidly.

He laughs easily.  “Yes.  With me.  I’ll try not to stomp on your feet.”

I smile, relieved.  Maybe the day won’t be a colossal mistake after all.  Seth grins happily as I get up and give Charlie my hand.  That kid doesn’t miss a trick.  

“Catch any big Pacific halibut lately?” Charlie asks as he holds me loosely in his arms.  Turns out he’s an excellent dancer.  I am not, but you can’t tell because he’s a strong leader.    

I laugh and nod.  “Not as big as that one last year, but my freezer’s ready for winter.”  We have a friendly rivalry, and his halibut is in the lead by a few ounces.  “Seth shot a big buck last week, so between that and the fish we’re set.  I was thinking of taking a ride up to Mt. Washington to fish for cutthroat salmon.”

“No way!  I’ve always wanted to do that!  Do you take a charter?”

I smile up at him.  “Harry and I used to go and rent a boat.  I was thinking next weekend…”  I trail off, just short of inviting him to come along.  Would it be presumptuous?

Charlie shakes his head, his hold on me tightening just a notch.  “Do you think I could go with you?  I mean…”  He turns an adorable shade of rose.  

I smile, squeezing his hand lightly.  “Of course.  It won’t be much fun alone.”

He grins and echoes my invitation.  “Of course.”

Last edited by Aunt Bran on 7th March 2015, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found a redundancy)
Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Just a Spark (Twilight) Empty Re: Just a Spark (Twilight)

Post by Tyler 9th March 2015, 1:32 pm

Got forced to read the books, never saw the movie. But I like that you brought up a story about two side characters so to speak. And that it wasn't romance heavy. Awesome job!
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt Bran 9th March 2015, 1:34 pm

Thanks for the kind review, Tyler Smile I love their friendship!
Aunt Bran
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down