The Muse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Two Points For Honesty
by Niemand 9th August 2022, 12:12 am

» This Dark and Twisty Road
by Niemand 10th June 2020, 10:38 pm

» Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:35 pm

» RPG Pet Peeves
by Niemand 19th February 2019, 9:33 pm

» Picking Up the Pieces
by Niemand 23rd November 2018, 12:09 am

» Eye of the Storm
by Niemand 6th October 2018, 8:15 pm

» Calm Before the Storm
by Holly 4th October 2018, 9:37 pm

» Corrupt a Wish
by Niemand 1st October 2018, 3:47 am

» Dog Days of Winter
by Holly 25th September 2018, 5:17 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Muse on your social bookmarking website

Greetings from Nyx

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from Nyx Empty Greetings from Nyx

Post by Guest 2nd August 2014, 10:20 am

I suppose this is it then. I've not much to say, as there's very few other creative mediums I explore other than writing and sketching here or there. The themes I tend to write about/stick with are mostly horror related, or at least atmospheric. However, I do also have a fondness for psychological and surrealistic writing too, and often I try to imbue my writing, no matter how frightening, with some sort of dreamy air to give it that extra and bizarre twist. I'm unsure if I'm any good at it, but if there's one thing I love reading, it's something that induces fear and tension, perhaps this is why I chose to write about such things so regularly. A lot of my writing is really personal, the few that isn't fully for myself I still rarely share with anyone. I hope my registering here will help open me up and give me some social skills I desperately need. Ha.

I also don't mind writing fanfiction every now and then as well, but they all typically follow the same theme. I'd like to think I was capable of writing about other things, but whenever I write a new fanfiction about something it always seems to somewhat follow a similar feel to the others; I love corrupting pure and docile characters, and trying to see what they'd be like under extreme mental stress or brutal conditions. I tend to input surrealism here too, and often my fanfictions will have really abstract and bizarre mental processes of the characters or eerie events to further the creeping and peculiar atmosphere.

I think I'm capable of writing of other things besides plots both my own and fanfiction of death, supernatural/surreal horror and angsty sadism and whatnot, but who knows, maybe that's my calling.

I suppose that's all. Thanks for reading all of that rambling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Nyx Empty Re: Greetings from Nyx

Post by Tyler 2nd August 2014, 2:33 pm

Hey Exmachina.

Have you ever read the fanfiction Fate's Favourite by The Fictionist? It's a Harry Potter and Tom Riddle one. You describe interest that fits that story to a tee. It's a good read about corrupting Harry Potter, the best way I could say it. All the good stuff without the cliche really.

Anyways, welcome to the Muse! I hope you have a good time and I look forward to maybe seeing your work on here.

Tyler
Tyler
Tyler
Partner
Partner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd August 2014, 5:20 pm

Thanks! I appreciate it! I'll definitely have to check that out, it certainly sounds right up my alley.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Redwood 2nd August 2014, 5:53 pm

Welcome to the Muse!

Your writing sounds really interesting and I hope you choose to share with us Smile We don't bite (much  Wink ) so don't be too scared about sharing.
Anne Redwood
Anne Redwood
Experienced
Experienced

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggy 2nd August 2014, 7:46 pm

Hello! Welcome to the muse! Um...I'm Buggy flower
Buggy
Buggy
Intern
Intern